Sunday, October 22, 2006

They're Back



Well, so much for thinking that with the change of seasons, comes the decrease in neighborhood crime. I really don't have time for this now. I have a test in Criminology next week but this wasn't how I had planned on studying.

Contrary to the title of this post, this is not the same gang. This is the 18th Street Gang. According to the police, this is a rival of the Gangster Disciples that tagged the same retaining wall this summer. They are a Hispanic gang that have tagged the areas from Minnesota Ave to Western, and as far south as the 2100 block of South Duluth, to who knows how far north. Funny that when I was speaking to an officer about this on Thursday evening, our new drug house had some activity and I believe it may have been "caught on tape" by the patrol car and the officers followed the people. It seems to me that they are not residing at this apartment building, but dealing drugs out of it. DCI is on it as are the local patrols. Stay tuned as the plot thickens.

By the way, my commitment to the 'hood is such that I missed most of Grey's Anatomy. The one show I watch now that I don't have my Bill Maher to turn to.

TaTa

1 comment:

Mel said...

We've got a couple of Real Time episodes saved for you and will burn a DVD. Maybe we can do our traditional ('cept for that one year) Halloween stop-over and drop it off.