Friday, December 20, 2013

Decisions

Well, I start my new job on Monday.  There will be 2 "solid" weeks of training before I will be basically on call in this new "casual time" position.  The pay is good.  I would be able to overcome a huge barrier to my finding employment and obtain my LICSW.

Unemployment informed me if I want to stay on unemployment, I will have to basically take any job.  McDonalds?

Meanwhile, I have an interview today for the director position in a small agency.  The pay is low, but the rewards intangible.  It would be up to me to increase my salary.  I don't know if I feel comfortable with that.  That, and I would not be able to be independently licensed through my work there, unless I figure out how to do therapy at this advocacy agency.

I also received an e-mail from a Duluth hospital, hiring a psychotherapist, that they will be calling me soon, likely after the holidays.  It sounds like they will be informing me of the details of the position and then interviewing.

As I sit here on one of my last days off before working, I wonder what I should do.  I have taken the casual time job, but what if I am offered one of the other positions?  Especially the director one?

My decisions are so difficult right now.  I have difficulty deciding if I should shower from one day to the next.  It sometimes takes me all day to get in the shower.  Now I am faced with big life-changing decisions like this?  What on earth do I do?  Help.




3 comments:

Horizontal said...

Ande: You know I can't tell you what to do, but you do have one thing that will always be with you, your integrity. Be the person you want others to admire and make the decisions that person would make.

And, take a shower!

Love,

POOKA

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

On graduation day from UMD, one of my professors hugged me and said, "You will do great things." I was honored by this and also accept the responsibility that comes with it. Where I will do such great things, I do not know. I look at putting food on the table and paying off student loans but I also look at where my passion lies. It is a miss-mash.

Sigh. Off to shower.

Love you, Pooka!

Lefty said...

These are good problems to have!