Saturday, September 22, 2007

Today's Mire




















The adventurous spirit is with me today. I want to do something. If I think about staying in, I want to paint and come up with a design for the space over my cabinets. I want more if a European cabinet design. I should have gone all the way up with them. I'm sure I can add at some point...














My heart would really like to venture up to the Northwoods again. I still want to see my moose, or sit still and let nature come to me. Like the grayjays, and the red fox with his black boots, or the bear, or the buck...and hear the call of the loon and the pileated woodpecker with its bright afro.
















What a helluva week! It was crazy at work all week. Not a good time to go off the antidepressants. I was so irritable and I had the racing thoughts I just couldn't catch up with. I go back and forth on my desire to keep taking these. Do they suppress the real me? Do they calm me down enough to think at a rational speed? When all I want to do is sleep, can I really be living a quality life? Depression is such a prickly pest. It is the psychiatrist's new fad and quite lucrative for pharmaceutical companies. Are we a society evolving into this condition? In abnormal psyche, I learned that most psychological conditions can only be addressed by getting the beast under control. I can understand that. I don't want to be on these the rest of my life, but the rational thinking tends to go to the wayside when my mail-order company is in no hurry to dispense my meds. Oh, and can I ever get crabby! I hate that. When I do feel like that, I tend to shut up. I tend to just stay away from people because I don't like them anyway! I do realize that in the future, I will like them again, so it is best not to chomp their heads off!

The A.L. announced a writer's group finally has been started in the area. I may go to that. I need to hone my pen.

3 comments:

Horizontal said...

Hey, let's hear some more from Ande!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! What's the matter with her. We're starving out here!

Tim Russert

Anonymous said...

Doesn't she know that I hang on every word? I have to read her blog or it's like a bad hair day!

Paris Hilton