Friday, August 27, 2010

As if it wasn't bad enough...

Last night Brian had a friend stay over. This friend has a teenage daughter from a previous relationship and a child from his current. He was seeking refuge from his girlfriend (current relationship) and was drunk when he got here. Nothing like a third person to let me know no matter what, I am wrong and have no rights - even in my own home.


I am not trying to control how he raises her. The rights I try to assert are that I not be called a f@#$ing "c" word in my own home, that I not be verbally assaulted when I am doing a favor they asked me to do and that my home not be destroyed. Perhaps that is asking a lot. I dropped the rope on the parenting a long time ago - not my kid. I am simply seeking my own rights as an adult in a home I own.

3 comments:

Horizontal said...

You might have to assert your ownership and tell them they have choices with the last alternative: "GET OUT!"

Lefty said...

I'm with Pooka.

Even if you are a f@#$ing "c" word, it's your f@#$ing house.

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. ;)