Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Baby's First Speaking Engagement

Well, the call came this evening. From Northern Pines Mental Health. They want me to speak on stepfamilies.


With my most recent adventures I hardly feel like a success. My relationship with Brian is all but deteriorated. Jessica is off drinking, smoking and refusing to go to school. When telling Brian of my thoughts on my failure in light of this speaking engagement, he disagreed. He feels that Jessica has given me soooo... much experience with stepfamilies that I should be more than qualified to speak on the subject.

3 comments:

Lefty said...

For sure you started on the Jess/Brian adventure with a lot less education on the subject.

It's a dangerous business going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

I understand the dynamics so much better now. My children were in this too, as were my family of origin. You have all helped me navigate. I have you all to thank for your support through all of this. I couldn't have done it without you!

Horizontal said...

Congratulations on your speaking engagement. This will be one for your resume.

Any expert who isn't still learning is probably a fraud. You know we are behind you and I think that is very important when you are trying to survive in difficult situations. You have the best quality for being an expert: You admit you don't know it all.

I imagine Jess has taught you much but I'm sure you would rather not have learned it.