Sunday, January 16, 2011

What is it About an Intoxicated Mentally Unstable 17-Year Old Girl Holding a 9 mm Handgun That Makes Me Nervous?

I am glad I am back in Duluth.


I don't want to talk about what happened in Sioux Falls. About Jessica dropping out of school, staying out all night, drinking, hurting the ones that love her most. I don't want to talk about Brian's attempts to corral her behavior, followed quickly by his just wanting her to go away after she brought him emotionally to his knees, and his eventually apathy and subsequent depression. I don't want to mention that I told her to NEVER AGAIN, when angry with me, say the words that hurt me most and how she did it anyway and I told her that was IT- I couldn't do it anymore.
I don't want to talk about how her Facebook profile picture of her standing holding a 9 mm handgun with a mixed drink beside her bothers me and makes me afraid for Brian's life and glad I am not there...

I contacted a realtor. At this point, I don't think I care how much the sale of the house will provide. I just want them out of it, and that responsibility off my back. Self-preservation. I want my dogs with me. I think what Brian does at this point is his life. He needs to get the house fixed up to sell. A stager is coming through to tell him what needs to be done to sell. So far it doesn't seem like much to do, just painting and cleaning.

So, I am winding up that chapter of my life. The best part is that I have probably found my calling in life. I presented on stepfamilies for Northern Pines. Afterwards, many of the people there came up to me with specific questions on their situations or clients. Perhaps that nearly 11 years of my life has not been in vain.

168549_183176385037318_100000348735451_519766_1410663_n.jpg




2 comments:

Horizontal said...

It is hard to give up on someone on a human being when you can see them taking a wrong turn. It's also hard to admit you can't do anything about it. It's like standing on a mountain watching a train about to run off a collapsed bridge. You know you could save them if you could just get the message to them - but all you can to is watch.

Lefty said...

I'd like to see where Jess and Brian are in 10 years. I hope it's in a much better place.