Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hitting the Pavement...

I came across something very strange on my way to work this morning. I had to drive around a man laying in the middle of the street with blood coming out of his mouth and his eyes wide open. There was a vehicle halfway in the driveway and I honestly don't know if they parked there to help him, or if they backed over him. I would say that I hope it was nothing serious, but it looked too serious or too late for that hope.
Throughout my life, I have had a problem with things like that. My vision gets so focused and I wonder how the world can keep working when things like that happen. I was shocked, stunned and yet, drove to work, hung my coat up and went about my day like nothing happened - not really, but sort of half-brained for the first part of the day.
I guess this is life. We should count our blessings.

1 comment:

Lefty said...

Did you look into it further? Was it a fatality?