Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Relieved

Today after driving by the bloodstained spot on the street, I wondered what happened. I watched the news ever since it happened and didn't hear anything. I assumed the worst. Perhaps he did die, I don't know, but my relief was in the manner in which it happened and the reason. I finally got up the guts to call the police station and they explained that now with HIPA I couldn't know what happened to him - and I know that. What I wanted to know was the call to 911. Why did they call? Finally after stumbling through the computer he was able to tell me that it was for a seizure. I am so relieved after the picture that I had in my head of him laying there on the ground with his eyes wide open and the fresh red blood coming out of his mouth was not due to being run over or shot down. He must've hit his head and/or bit his tongue. The stain that is still there was pretty large for a tongue bite.

I decided to take off for work this morning to avoid the traffic I experienced yesterday. Just my luck, they all left early, too. Same traffic jam, different day.

I was told today by a coworker that she likes me because I am a sincere person. I almost cried. I thanked her. She made my day!

No comments: