Monday, June 11, 2007

Another Storms Passing




I interrupted my studies of DNA/RNA yesterday to take pictures of my favorite types of clouds!~ Mammatus clouds!

I enjoy these "breast" clouds for their surrealness. I associate them with tornadic weather, but apparently this is not always the case. They were constantly evolving from photo to photo.

This is the end of the huge anvil cloud teasing Sioux Falls as the storm grazed us and went to the south. What was really interesting was that I looked at the radar and it was barely moving - just building and building. (Actually for some reason yesterday it did not appear on KELO's Sioux Falls radar, so I had to look at the Huron Radar - I often do this to differentiate precip from ground clutter on the radar) Woe is us - I should have watered!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What wonderful pics. Ande scores again!
POOKA