Saturday, June 02, 2007

If you look really hard...

This is baby's first unaided funnel cloud sighting. No radio, no tv, no warning whatsoever that I knew of. I just used my skills from spotter training and lo and behold, I spotted a funnel cloud. Like I say, if you look really hard you can see it. It is on the bottom left side of the photo, just to the right of the rain line. It is a thin funnel cloud. After I was forced to go inside, we turned KELO on and found out that there was a funnel cloud sighted (officially) and we were under a tornado warning. What fun!

5 comments:

Lefty said...

-scoffs- Wha‽ You just seeing your first funnel now? I saw my fist one in Omaha in the '70s. Where were you for that?

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

Yes, I saw those, too. As well as the ones in Springfield, IL when they were forming above my head. Only this time it was ME pointing it out to MY kids and not Mom and Dad pointing them out to us. ~sheez!!~

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm jealous! Where were you, anyway?

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

We were northwest of Ivanhoe on the Minnesota side of Lake Hendricks.

Reba said...

awww, i am jealous, i am STILL always stuck in the basement, while everyone else is out having fun :(