Saturday, June 30, 2007

Oh, How I Wish

I would really love to learn how to paint. When I take these photos, it inspires me to want to recreate the images...I love the color gradients, the grace and elegance, the sharp contrasts, the veins, the play of sun on the petals and leaves and all the textures. I would really love to capture that with my own hands... Although the following pictures may seem redundant and boring, look closer... The blanket flower below has a center that goes from green to yellow and suddenly to red. The outside of the petals is yellow, yet the inside is nearly a pink - such a color combination is certainly unfashionable in the human world, but it works on this beauty!


These tiger lilies are georgeous. As much as I really dislike orange in many other applications once again, flora can pull it off! It is the subtlety of the change of shading... the staman are yet a darker shade of the same color. This flower, like my beautiful mother, also has freckles. The graceful curves are perfection and the texture is simply divine and mouthwatering!!!







This day lily is a little dry. Mother nature still makes beauty of it. The dryness, as opposed to the tiger lilies, has curled the edges of the petals, yet gives it almost a lacy look. The white center stripes are striking against the lovely peach that darkens as it gets toward the center which surprisingly is a shockingly bright yellow. The veins throughout the petals are a bit darker than the rest of the petal giving it a subtle striping that enhances the entire ensemble.





This flower,though not perfect is beautiful in its grace on its slender stem. I like the contrast of the focused flower against the blurred green and stark white backdrop.
I would love to learn how to paint some day. I would love to capture this all on canvas. The garden is such a living work of art. Everything is in a different stage of its life. Each embracing its own beauty. Such a crowd of color and excitement...

1 comment:

Lefty said...

You have lovely flowers, but you collection lacks the trampish Dandelion. She blows into town with her joyous yellow, shining back at the sun with a vibrant splash of color... The next day (after she's gone home with a carny), she stumbles into the sunlight, wasted, spent, her hair a mess (it simply blows around everywhere), her body twisted and ungainly, tangles with those of her sisters (also tramps. It's bad breeding if you ask me).

I could get you some clippings, if you like. My neighbor (think Vegas) grows them as a hobby apparently.