Thursday, June 21, 2007

Crabby




Today I woke up crabby. Actually, I should have never checked my test grade at 3 a.m. That doesn't help when the alarm goes off at 5 and I have 2 days of work left. I tried to take a quick shower so I could blog a bit, but I didn't get ready in enough time. I began taking photos tonight to add to my blog, showing the progress of my garden. I think, I'll bet nobody really gives a shit.

Before I began gardening, I couldn't understand the draw. Flowers were never really a big part of my life. The thing is, once you start, you just can't stop - especially perennials.
Then, if you are into photography, flora are wonderful subjects. They have color, often shockingly so, they nearly have personality, they have texture, shades, depth. Many pictures that I have taken of my flowers look surreal. I look at the picture and wonder.






Speaking of personality...The one above is the Phyllis Diller flower - actually called Bee's Balm or Monarda. I will take pictures of this flower later to show you how the personality builds. I like the way the leaves near the bloom actually turn a dark red, too. Highlighted in just the right places.
Columbine. The name should be changed. When ever I say it, I think of the Columbine shootings. I have never seen a white one before this one.


See the surreal bloom? The colors are practically neon.





This is the same flower as the one above, only in a different stage. It is a blanket flower and comes in colors between yellow and red.

Well, I have to unwind. I am tired and venting right now would just wind me up again.

Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Flowers - really nice photos. Thanks for sharing them. Sorry you were crabby.

Anonymous said...

I have said it before, I love your photos, but what I love most is the spirit you have to find and appreciate beauty.
POOKA

P. S. I give a poop.