Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Ow!

So much has happened through Grad School.


I really feel as if I have grown. I have met people that I hope to stay in contact with for a very long time. I met a really great person and great friend, Kim. There have been many good things that have happened.

Somedays it is difficult to think of that. Right now I am far away from home. Where I came from, I cannot return. I can only go forward. There are so many scary things to face alone.

It is an adventure that I am embarking on. Like all good adventures, there is risk. What if I don't find a job? What if I can't find a place to live that I can afford? What if, what if, what if...

To top it all off, I have permanently ended things with Brian. After almost 11 years, I stopped waiting for him to decide and now I decided. Despite the affairs and the lies and the distance, it is hard. We have many years of memories. He fit well into the family and loves everyone.

I look forward to living with much less stress, but think about the years I wasted and the impact the relationship with Brian and Jess had on mine with my boys. Those were some of the worst years of my life. Perhaps I will write a book someday. Not now. I have journal after journal with tear warped pages of all the hurt. When it was good, it was very good. When it was bad it was excruciating.

I worry, as single women of my age do, about not having anyone to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid to get out there again, yet afraid not to. I hate dating. I would love to have a guy to hold hands with and share witticisms with. Someone this time without baggage steeped in insanity.

My son is leaving for boot camp in the Navy in about a month. He is in for 4 years. That tears me apart. He is a good kid and damn, will I miss him. I hope he is safe.

Then there is Mom. I am so far away, yet the pain is still close and real. It's no fair. I get angry, depressed and cry with pain at what is happening. Dammit! This isn't the way it is supposed to be.

So, the OCD roared back today. The thoughts of going nuts and having to control that by cleaning the house, organizing the paperwork and such. So many things are out of my control. I feel really alone sometimes. Although I know friends are a phone call away, I don't want to burden anyone with this. I know how consuming it is to me, and most people can't take other people's pain. Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone...

I have homework all over the place. Lots of due dates coming up. Graduation coming up. Need to get a job. Get my LGSW. So much. Find a place to live. Right now it all seems so be all up in the air. Disorganized and out of control. It is difficult to feel sane right now. As my therapist once told me, if I think I am going crazy, I'm not. Because if I were, I would not know I was. Think further into it... Nah. I don't want to bring anyone here with me.



8 comments:

Lefty said...

Wow! So much here.

I've been unsure of where you were with Brian for a long time. I like Brian a lot, but your sanity is worth a lot. How is the selling of the house going (is it?)?

I've had some pretty sad moments this week about mom. It left me in a deep black fog for a couple of days. I still can't believe this is the shape of things to come. -sigh-

Are you looking to return to Sioux Falls at all, or will you go where your fortunes lead?

Love you. Thanks for sharing the Tuna Casserole recipe with Mel. That was a really nice surprise.

Horizontal said...

You have a lot of love and concern coming at you, Ande. Somewhere out there, maybe not too far, are the rays of hope you need.

It seems to me that you have taken some necessary steps to move on with your life. The transition brings doubt and stress. What would you say to Ande?

Love

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

Thank you both for your support. I appreciate it so much!

Eric, I don't know why, but helps to know that I was not alone in the fog. Dad, you probably are alone quite a bit in the fog.

Talking to one of the kids at the school on Tuesday, I showed her the pattern of good things and bad. I let her know that when it gets bad, you know the good is coming. I need to listen to that.

Brian was going to buy me out. He must really be in love with this woman because he has changed his plans. I am in touch with a finance person because Brian told me he can't refi for the entire equity.

Gotta go. Got class. Thanks guys!

Horizontal said...

I know this sounds hammy, but we all have so much to be grateful for. I know some men near my age who can't talk to their kids, let alone open up about fears, etc. And there are a lot of Alzheimer's patients who have been psychologically dumped by their kids.

We have a family we can be proud of.

Love,
POOKA

Lefty said...

Hammy, but true.

Reba said...

why are you assholes always making me cry?

love you lots!

Lefty said...

It's what assholes do best.

Love you, baby sister.

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

We have a good family. I love us! I wish we could have a group hug.