Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bleck

Nothing to say to match this photo. Today I just have miscellaneous ramblings.

Yesterday Ben and I were sitting on the couch working on our homework:
Ben: {drops his pencil}
Mom: "I hate Mondays"
Mom: {spills her coffee}
Mom: "I hate Mondays"
Ben: {Breaks pencil lead}
Mom: "I hate Mondays"
Ben: {smirks and nods}
Mom: {drops book}
Mom: "I hate Mondays"
Ben: {smiles and nods}
6:00 News: "Dick Cheney went to the hospital with a pain in his leg. The pain apparently was caused by a blood clot in his leg. Cheney caught the clot early enough that he avoided it lodging in his lungs or heart, sparing himself a possibly fatal outcome..."
Mom and Ben: {in unison} "I hate Mondays" {followed by laughter}

The cat is so naughty lately. She stands in the middle of the doorway so the dogs can't get to their water bowl in the kitchen. Sage lays down a safe distance away and whines. I have to get up and move the cat. When the dogs come in from their walk, the cat is sitting in the middle of the front doorway waiting to hit each of them and hiss as they enter. Today she was at the top of the stairs. When the dogs come in from their walk, they always want to make sure that I am still there. They run throughout the house to find me. Since I was upstairs the cat decided the perfect strategic location of the morning was at the top of the stairs. Tonight when I was walking out of the kitchen, she was on the island. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her swat at me. I turned around and she let out the most innocent "meow". As I started to walk away, she started to swat again. Once again, the most innocent "meow". I kept going and she swatted again. I guess I am not seeing why they call female dogs bitches....

I am really trying to get out of the dark cloud that has been hovering over me. I don't get it. Why are things bothering me so much? Maybe it is because they are big things. I am so tired. I feel like a wrung out old washcloth. This weekend I framed several of my photos in their long awaiting frames. I thought that would cheer me up. Nope. I cleaned the house and did almost all the laundry. If you know me, you will know that it just isn't good enough. I could still find dirt. (I am seriously thinking of going minimalist instead of eclectic junk store.) I did some things that were on the back burner - nope. I feel just drained here. Perhaps I need something outside...but then again I snowblowed two neighbors and us after the blizzard... That should have helped... But, no. What is it? Do I need a trip to Zandbroz? Hell, I got my new iPod and haven't even listened to anything yet. I haven't put my pictures on it yet. Hmmm..... What to do. I have my presentation to work on. My lovely powerpoint presentation for Psyche. I have the intro and the conclusion, just need to work on the meat of it - oh and actually start putting things on the computer. I am the luckiest student in the class! I get to use my laptop for my presentation. No junk drives, no hassle, no figgerin' out how to get a PC to work like the rest of them.

Well, I had better get to work. I have procrasted long enough.

Okay, I think I need a primal scream! But who has the energy...

1 comment:

Lefty said...

I know how you feel, re: the blah paragraph. You've got the blahs and I find they go in cycles for me. I'll be blah for a while, then I'll be up. Exercise helps me. If I can really go whole hog on TKD one night, it tends to make my down-swing ramp up at the end.

Maybe you should have a delinquent neighbor evicted. That always makes you feel better.

Mel just got an iPod, too! She's really jazzed.