Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Should be feeling better soon

I went to the doctor and found out why I may be tired. My hypothyroidism has gotten worse, I'm anemic and I have a fever - probably due to the ear infection. I have also gotten fed up with the constant pill popping for heartburn and will be getting an upper GI soon. (Wouldn't it be nice to drink orange juice again? Or even when I have those rare cravings for grapefruit...) I hate getting old. All of this explains the tired and the feeling of being overwhelmed and the thyroid could explain some of the depression. Heck the whole tired thing explains the depression. I am not used to that. I am looking for some recipes for foods rich in iron and possibly Vitamin C and B12. (The latter two aid in the absorption of iron)

2 comments:

Lefty said...

Are you doing the Prilosec? That stuff is the shizzle. I drink OJ plenty now. I rarely have a yen for the GFruit.

Feel better, sis.

Anonymous said...

Be careful about the iron - I learned on the daily show that diseases and viruses LOVE iron. See... my trip to NYC was even educational.