Sunday, November 26, 2006

Autumn is ending

I hear the weather hitting the window in a sickening way. It is that wet, tinny sound of freezing rain. The precurser of harried mornings prying the ice from the car in an attempt to get the door open. Ew!!! I am not looking forward to the trip to work tomorrow. It would be the first true inclement weather that we have had to drive in yet this year. I fear the amatuers will be out and the rest of us maneuvering around them. Thank goodness I only have to travel within the city. Sometimes, however, that merely means more obstacles... Sigh... I can only hope that the power lines won't be compromised. But, that is nature... Mother nature lets us know that she is still in charge and our insignificant little lives are at her mercy. Now we will have to play by her rules.

My morning began well. I was happy to wake up to a strong cup of coffee and a little debate brewing on the blog. That is great!! I finally put together all my work and created a paper that I am supposed to be typing at this moment. I will have it done by 7:00 - I have determined - so I can spend the rest of the evening studying for one of the two tests I have this week. It sure gets busy at the end of the semester. More and more I find myself creating a stack of the things that I would really love to do, had I the time. At the top of the stack is the book, "Denial and Deception: An Insider's View of the CIA" by Melissa Boyle Mahle. I must say, so far she is quite a bland writer, but I hope it picks up speed soon. It didn't make it too difficult to put down. The behind the scenes facts are quite interesting. The garland is piled up in the corner and the wreath is on the wall. Perhaps it will be like the year before last when I just don't care and tell the children to decorate. That works fine, until my OCD gets the best of me and I am undecorating and redecorating. The lights are mostly up, in a harried attempt to beat the weather to the punch. If that is all that will be up - so be it!! I have them on embarrassingly so they won't get stolen. If that doesn't sound funny, listen to Loren McManus's police report.

No comments: