Saturday, November 11, 2006

Zandbroz



Today I indulged myself with a visit to Zandbroz!!! I enjoy that store so much. They have something for everyone!!

The floor squeaks as you walk through and although the food/coffee scents greet you at the door, there is still a hint of musty yesteryear drifting down from the tin ceiling tiles. My favorites are the journals, cards, Freud items, containers. (Why do I like containers so much? They hold things, yes, but nothing is so wonderful as a new container!! Why? A satin covered box, an intricately carved wooden one, a clear plastic square box, a glass jar... These are all awesome! I want them all!!! Zandbroz has them!!!) They have really expanded their line of magnetic poetry!! I bought a Magnetic Poetry stand and the Creative package!!! I also bought a fake alligator-skin sketchbook. Perhaps I will begin sketching soon. I enjoy all their coffee and tea accessories!!! They have a huge collection of french presses!

Wierdest of all...I bought a grotesque Christmas card. It has the most gruesome looking elf pushing a cart full of coal for the "Naughty Boys and Girls". This would fit with my Pin Cushion Queen figure and the rest of the Burton collection:

life isn't easy
for the pin cushion queen,
when she sits on her throne
pins push through her spleen

Gotta love it!

When I was a child, walking wide-eyed through shopping malls knowing that I couldn't get anything except, at best, some of Dad's chocolate stars (but not Mom's JuJu B's!!!) I would fantasize about being locked in the mall overnight!!! -or if there were some huge disaster and we had to live confined in there!!! I thought about the fun I would have!!! Anyway, I got off the subject there! Zandbroz is now the store I would love to be locked in overnight or for a long time!!!! Good coffee...good ice cream...many, many pens and journals (with so many different textures!!!) and a choice collection of cool books. Oh, and a bathroom!

Yes, I had a pretty good day!

4 comments:

Bee said...

I love Zandbroz too!! And I've been only been there once! (or did we go last time I was there?) I still have my Zandbroz coffee mug. That was such a great visit.
I'm happy to hear it's still there, but I'm happier to hear you got to go there. :)

Love,
B-

Anonymous said...

Zandbros is the best. I have made so many purchases there. I'm glad they brought magnetic poetry back (they got rid of it completely for a while). I'm partial to the Moleskines myself.

Anonymous said...

I salivate at any journal-type book. I have something of a collection of various sorts. I like pens as well. Writing is such a sensual art. The feel of the book and pen and even the texture of the paper and the feel of the pen gliding over are all part of the joy of writing. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

I still remember the day you took us there. I was overwhelmed with so many thing almost all designed to go home with me.
The books are a treat. That store made me feel like I wasn't wrong and the '60s hand't entirely gone away.
You can share any chocolate stars I have.
Love,
POOKA