Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanks Giving

Okay, what is wrong with me? I love to spend the holidays with my family. There is too little time to spend with them all. Conversations scattered room to room. Good food...hot coffee...cool dialogue and love oozing all around. I always seem to go back to work and listen to all the fights and drama that adorned everyone else's holiday, thankful that ours have never been that way.

I think one Thanksgiving after Mel came into the family, she thought that I was criticizing her silk pie. In fact, I was complimenting it... I had recently had a piece of silk pie from Perkins and I didn't know why they labelled it "Silk" when it was in fact grainy. After I had a piece of her scrumptious pie, I noted that now I know why it is called silk pie, because hers was silky. She went outside, upset, thinking I had put down her pie. I hope we got this cleared up and she is more comfortable with our family, knowing that it is all love and we are not the feuding holiday types. Absolutely the opposite!!! She is a great sis-in-law that fits well in our nutty brood! (That is a compliment, Mel:) but you may not want to fit in with the likes of us!!)

I posted a few new links. Two of them are from JibJab and I hope all enjoy!!! Big Box Mart is an ode to the Walmart culture, and 2-0-5 sings the "praises" of our great leader...NO SARCASM INTENDED THERE, W!!!! I love JibJab and can't wait for their next project!!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow! Well, first off, that was quite a while ago -- our next annimaversary will be our 13th, and that occurred either the first or second Thanksgiving I was around. I'm over it, but my memory is different -- I thought you'd said it was good, but a little on the crunchy side. Maybe you were saying the Perkins version was crunchy and I misunderstood. I don't know, but I've always been kind of embarrassed that I got upset about that, so thanks for putting it on the internet. NOW I AM MAD!

Just kidding!

I'm glad you think I'm a great SIL and that I fit in, because I am crazy about your brother and intend keep him around as long as he'll tolerate me (and hopefully beyond). I love your nutty brood.

See you tomorrow.

The Sioux Falls Phoenix said...

Now I feel bad...I feel like I have just joined the likes of Mel Gibson and Michael Richards. Really, I don't have anything against sister-in-laws!!!! My best friend is a sister-in-law!!! Now I will turn the tv on and see myself all over it with headlines stating that I offend my SIL... I am such an in-law!!!

Sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

Ande: You forgot one thing. You have to go into treatment. There's no other way to save your reputation.
The Ancient Mariner