Thursday, August 16, 2007

Perhaps this will open a new segment or a diversion away from my bitching blog.

The word for the day was provided for us by a neighbor I was speaking with in my driveway at 5:00 am today. She was speaking of the downfall of her attempt to begin her own N.Watch group:

She said it was due to her "pistofftiness".

My lack of response was not due to her admission, rather her choice of word and my inability to open my mouth without laughing my arse off.

"pis toff ti ness"- [pis awf-tee-nes]
-noun
1. a strong feeling of anger and belligerence aroused by the feeling the Sioux Falls PD is not doing their job coupled with a deep-seeded highly-charged emotional state from buried resentment.

2 comments:

Horizontal said...

Another case of creativitude and verbal articulationity. Truly wonderfullish to learn of new uses of wordcraftiness.

Have you heard of the book, "Happier?"
POOKA

Anonymous said...

No, I have not. Or, I should say, now I have... Do tell!