Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Curiosity Hits the Neighborhood Cat Again

Yesterday I noticed that this house - one of our popular neighborhood gang locales - had been all boarded up. Last night I walked up to the door and saw that it is condemned. Unlike all the other foreclosed or condemned homes, all the first floor windows are boarded up. I feel so sorry for the gangsters put out on the street by this. What is the city thinking, throwing out the poor tatooed drug dealers? Where will they go from here? (My guess is the east side of Sioux Falls, but who knows. Perhaps further north.) What is really sad about the above photo is the little kid's bike in front. I hope there is hope for whatever child this is... Then again it could be stolen...
This "condemned" notice that was nailed to the home last night, was on the porch face down this morning. It must have been a pretty fast foreclosure and condemning, because there were people occupying it just last week. I called KELO to have my buddy Matt Bellanger look into the matter, but he is gone for the week. Kelli Grant seemed interested, so I gave her a bit of the background. Some of the info that I have on the house is probably not public. I merely suggested she may wish to call and check on the call history of this house and see if she can find out why it is now condemned - and so fast!

No comments: