Friday, December 15, 2006

My Favorite Christmas Card

Happy Holidays! Joy to the world. What a day. Crabby from the get-go. Then one thing after another. Nick got mad at me for taking the garbage out, after having asked over and over again yesterday. So, get it done. My main goal. He got mad at me and said that he wouldn't have been mad if I would just asked. (Again? What is the magic number of asking times?) Jess is mad at the world. She is mad because her dad is finally following through with his punishing her. She has 7 Fs and he won't let her have a friend over until her grades improve. But that isn't her fault, it is his. She is just like her mother. I have to keep reassuring him that he is doing a good job and stick to his guns and have to shut up when inevitably he doesn't.

Which brings me to: To tree, or not to tree; That is the question. I have removed nearly every breakable from her sight and/or reach. This because of all my things that have been broken in the house whenever she gets mad at her dad. I am not a part of this. She is not my child, nor my step child. She is a child that lives here because her dad does and can't afford to move out on his own. Earlier this year, we separated finances when we became "disengaged". It was great. My bank account is looking so much better now. Brian was always wanting a cell phone for himself and for his daughter. So...he needed to learn... He bought the cell phones and she surprised him with a nice $1000+ phone bill after the first 3 weeks. He wouldn't stop hitting fast food joints and convenience stores in which he was wracking up $50+ per week. Since then, he has had to borrow money from the bank. It is his turn to buy the groceries, and I saw his account, and I know it won't be happening. Neither will I buy them. So, the cabinets will be cleaned out of all the soups and the freezer of all the vegetables.

This is starting out to be such a fun weekend. I should call Bee. She will sip her cognac and I my wine. We can laugh together if nothing else.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Thanks for calling. I hope you're feeling better, in all ways. Perhaps Brian could not have Jess in your house while he visits with her. Stay at the grandparents? Just a thought. . .