Sunday, July 15, 2007

Good riddence Sioux Falls DQ

I did give up on Dairy Queen several years ago. I didn't like their ice milk. It had no flavor and I just felt like I was eating frozen lard. My stomach wasn't digesting it well and my taste buds were mature. A few years ago, my mature tastebuds found themselves in a small town. It was the day after tornado tuesday. I ordered a grilled chicken caesar salad and a strawberry cheesequake blizzard. I was in heaven. They had broken the mature tastebud barrier.

So, I tried again in Sioux Falls. The next time I had anything it was a hamburger. It tasted funny. The meat tasted bad. Was it just me? The second opinion confirmed that "no" it wasn't. I was on my way out of town, so returning it was impossible. Okay, note to self, no burgers. Then it was the chicken caesar. When I asked for caesar dressing I got the funniest look. Okay, I will bring it home and eat it there. The next time, I tried a Strawberry Cheesequake, Nick had a butterfinger blizzard and Ben had a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard. When I got my blizzard, It was 75% chocolate chip cookie dough with strawberry cheesequake tossed in.

Have you seen When Harry Met Sally? Let me refresh your memory of the scene when Harry says that Sally is high maintenance:

Waitress: Hi, what can I get ya?
Harry: I'll have a number three.
Sally: I'd like the chef salad please with the oil and vinegar on the side and the apple pie a la mode.
Waitress: Chef and apple a la mode.
Sally: But I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top I want it on the side and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real if it's out of a can then nothing.
Waitress: Not even the pie? Sally: No, just the pie, but then not heated.

I'm probably not that bad. Anyway, last night was hot and we were getting the ice cream to go. Looking at their display sizes and containers, I decided I wanted my hot fudge on the side so I wouldn't wear it on the way home. Hot fudge melts the ice cream too fast. If I wanted hot fudge milk, I would ask for it. Anyway, the girl set a hot fudge sundae on the counter and her coworker said "no, she wanted the hot fudge on the side" the girl takes the sundae, slams it into the garbage and says that I was being ridiculous. She then slams down the container of the hot fudge and a container of what looked like heavy cream on the counter. I told the kid that it didn't look like the ones up on the display. The ice cream was - I kid you not - liquid and level with the rim of the container. He said that when they get busy it always does that. Well, I understand busy and we would have waited to actually have FROZEN ice cream - as I thought that was the meaning of ice cream. As we left the store, the man entering the store was apparently really into scratching his genitalia. As he didn't stop even when he saw us approaching, I asked him it he was alright.

I so could be a recluse....

1 comment:

Lefty said...

I hear good things about the B&G Milkyways. I don't recall having a bad experience at a DQ.

Did you know that DQ Hot Fudge gets rid of crabs? You should have stuck around to watch them serve that guy.