Sunday, July 08, 2007

Shaky Sunday

I am very shaky today. Perhaps it is just stress. I should never research medical crap - although this is difficult since I am now taking Physiology. I sent my teacher an e-mail asking him what he could tell me about being septic. When I look online, everything says that I should be in ICU right now and that 25-50% of people with this condition die from it. Nice. I tried to get in with my own dr. but she was gone last week and I have an appointment with her tomorrow. I was supposed to get my white count checked again 24-48 hours after the initial exam-antibiotic shots, but they wouldn't/couldn't order the tests. You see, they wanted to do the exam and all the tests over again since the records from acute care hadn't arrived yet. I hate the medical field. They said that it usually takes 5 days for the records to arrive from Sioux Valley! This is the stinking digital age. What's the fricking hold up?! Medical transcriptionists work from home now!

After looking all this up, I can see why the doctor looked at me funny before saying he wasn't going to order the spinal tap against his better judgement - although I didn't look deathly ill.

1 comment:

Lefty said...

Are you sure he didn't say sKeptic? You've always questioned things more than the average bear.