Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Nicholas!

I can't believe it! My firstborn baby is 18. Yesterday he was looking at me with that little smile, little toes, little feet, squeaky shreaks... Today, unfortunately he is working. I remember him coming down the stairs all covered in baby powder looking like a little ghost. I remember when he covered himself with band-aids. I remember how grass used to frighten him. I remember his first day of school. He didn't cry...I wish I could say the same for me. Grade school flew by. I used to call him Nickgyver. He would rig things up with string, wire or whatever was available. One day he rigged the light so when I turned it on, a radio came on. He later said this took several electrical shocks to do this. I remember the year he was "sick" the day after his birthday. He got a Kinex roller coaster for his birthday and just couldn't wait. When I came home that evening, the source of his "illness" was all put together.

Now he is an adult. What happened? I didn't age a bit, but he has grown to a height taller than me with a voice deeper than his dad's.

I love you little guy!

(Oh, and I had him when I was 8, of course. :))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has a great Mom. I know.
POOKA

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nicholas! Time does fly. I have a niece that's a teenager... how the hell did that happen?

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I met Nick -- he was 4 (I think) and wearing nothing but tighty whities! Ahhhh... Hard to believe he's 18. He's a nice kid -- we like him a lot. :)

Of course, you were 12 at the time...