Thursday, January 04, 2007

Take the wheel, please


Great! We have a new drug house and it appears to be hopping this afternoon. I will be gone and unable to report on plate numbers, etc. I did call the police and was frustrated, because at the time there were several males on the steps of the apartment building and cars were driving right thru. I think that both apartment buildings have become saturated with young entrepreneurs. Here I was wondering if the creeps that moved out of the dives down the street moved north or east, instead they seem to have landed in my web. Oh, well. It will probably be their undoing. Anyway, I was promptly called back by an officer stating that he would check and see what DCI had going on. I let him know that I am going on vacation for a week and wouldn't be able to watch, gather data, etc. He assured me that they would pick up my slack. :) How nice.

This morning I had to laugh. There was a man parked outside on the street reading a paper. He had been sitting there for awhile. So, I politely asked him if I could help him (I am a most helpful neighbor!) and he said that he was there on business and gave me his card. Turns out that he was DSS doing a fraud investigation. I thanked him and wished him luck. I saw him again this evening when I was walking the dogs. He smiled and waved at me. What a nice little community we have.

If anyone is in the area and would like to keep an eye on the neighborhood for me as you drive by, please do. I feel kind of vulnerable for some reason. I have that uneasy feeling that something is going to happen while I am gone. I don't feel that way very often. I will give my neighbors the heads up, too.

Oh, I heard the scanner reports on the stabbing last night. I love how they give the address of the place on the news, but fail to mention that it was right across the street from the police station. Nice... I was wondering also, if I hear information on the scanner, is that considered public information, or should I keep it to myself? There were a couple of items of note, but if it impedes the investigation, I don't want to mention them.

1 comment:

Lefty said...

I know the news will sometimes not report everything with good reason (although the across from the cop shop stabbing seems like a good thing to report). Mark says that they don't publicize gang stuff as such because they don't want to increase the street cred of the gangs involved.