Monday, January 01, 2007

In with the new!!

This year I have already begun pursuit of the Irish part of the family. I am speaking to my dad about the research that he did on my mother's side of the family. I am in full research mode and ready to go at it. My mother's family has a strong Irish heritage, but have yet to find a solid lineage on the male side of the family. I have hit several large "question marks" that with the help of my dad, I will turn into exclamations!


I have really been enjoying my photography and will probably be pursuing more photo ops this year. I plan on having my camera and spare batteries with me more often. I hate getting to work in the morning and seeing wonderful skies. They are so unusual at times and so large in the industrial park area. Last week, there was a morning with a sunburst pattern in the western sky. The oddness of the bright colors in the west at that time of the morning was such a unique effect that I really regret not bringing my camera. So, I will attempt to do so, from now and also attempt to get to work early just in case.




I plan on actively pursuing a collection of neighbors to discuss neighborhood events and meet with Russ Sorenson from the city planning office to synchronize our plans. I have a number of ideas that I wish to bring forth and would like to collect more.

I also would like to become more of an optimistic person. I always have hope, but too often let people get to me. I think I need to ignore their antagonism more and just keep trotting along through my own path. My boss is one of those that is really going to be difficult to deal with, so I am planning on honing my resume and pursing something else. I would like a job where they appreciate the job you do and don't take out their mental disorders on everyone else. (We had something of a group prayer last week that she wouldn't make it back from vacation for awhile.) Yes, it is getting to everyone.

All for now,
A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really got a creative spurt or should I say, "spurts?"
That is the part of you that I have always admired.
Keep up the good work and I think you might rekindle the genealogical side of me and, as to photography, I'd still like to go on a photo safari with you and Lefty sometime.
POOKA