Monday, May 14, 2007

Can't Sleep

I have tried to take my own advice and do my breathing exercises and try to stop my racing thoughts. It's not working tonight. For some reason, I cannot sleep when my kids are still awake. Nick concerned me when I heard the electric shaver and the shower going at about 12:30-1:00 or so. What in the world? I was laying in bed, trying to sleep and I just couldn't. When Nick emerged from the bathroom, his head was shaved and he said that he just wanted to change back into who he really is. He said he is going to speak with his teachers tomorrow about his grades and get back on track. There are less than 2 weeks left for him.
After I gasped at the sight of his head and said, "But graduation is coming...?...!", he said that he didn't need hair to graduate. Good point, but...but...
Apparently he is rebelling against conformity. Once more. I thought he had been...

Technically yesterday, was mother's day. Hmm... Why do I always feel like such a bad mother on that day? I was crabby today. It was hot and windy - like a blast furnace they always say - and I had a ton of errands to run and money to drop getting ready for graduation and placing some plants around. There is so much to do. I need stunt mom to come in and give me a hand! I start class again on the 21st and Nick's graduation is on the 27th. I am trying to read ahead in Physiology, but my mind is elsewhere. I wanted to do a graduation scrapbook for him, but maybe I shouldn't. Is that more a girl thing? Is that something that I could do later? I hope Mel and/or Renee can help me! I ordered the food from Top Taste who promised to do a better job than Hy-Vee for cheaper!! Wowzer! I dropped a hefty chunk there on the cakes...
Shown here is the strawberry shortcake


This is the triple chocolate Tiger Cake.

Now if you aren't going to show up for the gourmet food or the great coffee or the M & Ms or for Nick for his special day, this cake should get you drooling! I have had the strawberry shortcake and the white chocolate raspberry and they were awesome!!! I think that we will also have beer, wine and such...

Well, time to try breathing exercises again! Wish me luck!

No comments: