Thursday, May 31, 2007

What a week!

It took every ounce of energy I had, and now graduation is over. I found it so difficult to get going on cleaning and decorating. I think it would have been so much easier had the situation been different. Such is life!
We had quite the weekend. Monday night J. wanted to go to carnival by the mall with her friend. Her dad said no. She threw a tantrum and broke a window in her room, so her dad took her to the carnival. She came back with attitude towards both me and her dad. What did I do? Hmm...I guess I didn't lock her in the attic, so it was my fault. I should've called 911. You see, sometimes when her dad does crap like this, rewarding her for her bad behavior, I get the strong urge to take matters into my own hands. Her right to express her feelings ends when it impedes upon my right to have intact property.
The following night I had class. Apparently she and her dad got into another altercation and she called the police on her dad. The police came and told her that her dad was within his rights to discipline her. (I found out later, that they also liked the kitchen and said that I should be an interior decorator, and somehow my education came up and they thought that was cool, too) They sent a mediator over and things ended up in the air. When I came home, J. apologized for the window without rolling her eyes or giving me attitude. I thanked her for doing so.

I am so numb from everything lately. When B. said the police were over, I wasn't shocked, didn't ask or say much. You see, I had one hell of a day at the office. I've been in so many scheduled and unscheduled meetings at work that I barely have time to do my job. They are so non-productive.

I will try to make a long story short here: M. from AZ came to WF in Sioux Falls to conduct brainstorming sessions on how to make things more efficient and the workplace a better environment to work in. All went well, until we had a staff meeting in which L. voiced her objection to M. just coming down and changing things and expecting someone else to do all the work for it. She definitely did not use tact and didn't hide at all her dissatisfaction with this. Okay, who out there knows that doesn't buy into the changes, it ain't (it bothers me that spell-checker didn't flag that word) going to happen? (Wow, that is a big show of hands!) I had decided that M. should know this since it is a huge obstacle to getting things done. Well, although one of the rules of the meetings with M. was that what was said in there, stays in there. Oops, several folks forgot that one and told L. what I said. This surprises me, as they were the loudest complainers of them all!!! Then, they denied all their complaining. L. went to her boss, who called me into the office. (Gee, not now, I've had enough!) She told me that if I have any problems with L. that I should go in and talk to her. I (seriously) told her that I was still missing half a butt-cheek from the last time I spoke with her about L. I asked my objective witness if she would tell the truth when asked about what everyone said, and she said she would. I told L.'s boss that, but she won't check MY references.

The atmosphere at work has been uncomfortable. I am tired of walking by and everyone being quiet until I am past. I am back to shut-up mode. Blah, blah, blah. At least I will have no problem getting my work done. (Nose to the grind-stone)

I had a case study due for Phys. and a quiz to study for. Then yesterday I had a meeting w/the Mayor's Neighborhood Rejuvenation task force. Eek...I have to go for now. Time's slipping away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy busy busy. I don't know when you find time to sleep. Good luck.

Lefty said...

If there comes a time when you're through with school, in a good job and your neighborhood is vital and blooming again, you won't know what to do with yourself.