Saturday, May 05, 2007

Taking a breath

What a blur the week has been ~ or should I say the last two weeks have been!! I finally finished my last class on Thursday and gave my presentation. I think that it kept folks a bit wider awake than many others. I kind of got a late start on it and wasn't able to put the music to the Powerpoint program, so I was a bit bummed. If anyone out there knows how to put it on the blog, I would be happy to post it. It was a very interesting subject. If not, I can simply put the text on here at a later time. Nevertheless, I had the class laughing and the teacher thanked me for my including a U2 photo.

This has been such a long week, it has seemed like two. Actually a week ago Wednesday, Mel (my co-weather-nerd sis-in-law) went with me to the NWS's spotter training class. We learned more than I did the last time as I believe they showed more pictures as examples of wall clouds, beaver tails and otter tails and had no question and answer time like the last time. We got to see more photos of the storms forming and the idiots from OK that enjoy driving through softball-sized hail for a good photo. They have always been such a good example of "What not to do". They could be on "what not to wear" showing how unfashionable windshield glass is.

Friday and Saturday I cleaned the house because Saturday I had company from out of town. They spent the night and left Sunday morning.

Monday I met with M. Cooper and R. Sorenson at City Hall. They gave me tons of information on what the city has been and will be doing and invited me to a meeting (actually 3) on Wednesday, but I was just too busy to attend, having already taken about 1 and 1/2 hours off work to attend the Monday meeting and needing to prepare for my presentation. I plan on getting going again on the neighborhood stuff as soon as I can. I gave them several of my ideas that I quickly typed prior to our meeting and they made copies and asked if they could present the ideas. By all means, please do...Nick is graduating and I have to plan that since I put it all on the back burner until I was finished with school. I have to do my final in Urban Soc. next week and then I will be hitting the ground running on that one.

Last night there was an episode that I cannot go into too much detail on here, but Jess found herself in a predicament with a 22 year old convicted sex offender. Needless to say he is under arrest and hopefully will be in jail until the trial. He was on parole from a conviction June of last year. It wasn't the worst that could have happened, thank god, but I think it may have been the best thing that could have happened to open her eyes to the risks she is taking with her current behavior. BTW, the perp IS on the list in her town 8 miles from Sioux Falls and to protect his identity, I will only reveal that his initials are J.N.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, when do you kick back?
(Proud of you, Beastie! You are making your marks on the world.)
POOKA