Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm Grounded!

Well, that's it. I am now too crabby to go back outside. So I have to stay inside and not use the phone. I don't dare speak to anyone because that "f-bomb" is sitting on the tip of my lips ready to blow!! I'm grounding me.

The last few days have been a race to get stuff done. I missed two deadlines today and better hit them tomorrow or else there will be consequences. But who gets anything done on Friday?

Last night, Nick's pictures finally were done. I picked them up and raced over to Phyllis's to write out the announcements. (Phyllis is my ex's mom - she and I still get along well) Of course we got to talking and it was 9:30 before I got home. We had only addressed their side of the family and I still had my side to do. That and I had to write the return address on all of them.

Today, I sprang to action when I came home. I got them all addressed and my ex stopped by, so I put him to work. All he had to do was put stamps on them. We had a mass of 39 cent stamps and I could NOT find 1 cent sheet that we had. I had no time! I had to run to the post office before they closed and get the rest of the stamps and get them mailed before 5:30. I left the house at 5:24. I knew I could make it before they closed their doors. But as I was backing out, my ex was standing on the porch, flagging me down like a plane. (What!What?!What?! Iminnahurry!) I rolled down the window - it seemed so slow! - and he said, "Did you know that those aren't ready to mail?" UM...THAT'S WHY I'M RUSHING MY @$$ OFF TO GET DOWN THERE, I thought. After I quickly said "yes", he then said, "Some of them need more postage". OY VEY!!!! GET THIS MAN HIS SIGN!!!

By the time I got down there, the clock in the van said 5:29, which since it is programmed to Morticia car time means that it was 5:26. As I reached to pick up the rubber banded pile of envelopes, they fanned out like an accordion (roll out the barrel) and loosened themselves from the rubber bands! After I got them all picked up again, the door shut on me. Since I always lock my car, I was also locked in. I had to unlock the door and run out. Oh, no. That metal to metal click I heard halfway up the steps wasn't.... oh, no!...it was! They locked the door! How could they? By the time I got back into the car, it said 5:31. Which, in case my ex-husband is reading this, means that actual time was 5:28. (See why I'm grounded!)

Okay. Plan B. I had to get home and pick up Ben for work. Although the house was left wide open, and the t.v. was on, there was no one here. Apparently my ex brought him to work. Thanks for letting me know and thanks for locking it up. So I raced down to Hy-Vee to try to get them all stamped and sent. A nice little hand written sign on the counter stated that they had NO MORE 2 cent stamps. (And they had no 1 cent, either) What the? It also stated that they had a limited supply of 41 cent stamps. What the? I said to give me 2 books of the 41s if they had them, but as I was rifling through my purse trying to find my wallet, I found the page of 1 cent stamps. Thank goodness. Unfortunately, the mail had already been picked up, but I kind of felt lucky that I had what I did. They are OUT all over town - including the post offices!!! The stamps also were exactly enough! How often does that happen?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two points.
1. We got the invitation today and I felt guilty opening it after reading your blog.

2. Who is the guy in the picture and what have you done with Nick?

POOKA